The Radio Service, christened “Radio Akwa Ibom, FM stereo”, “The Voice of Promise” transmits on a frequency modulation of 90.5MHz with a power output of 30 Kilowatts.
AKBC Radio broadcast at the average of 18 hours from 5:30am to 12:10am daily. The language of broadcast is English and Local dialects. The Programmes content of AKBC Radio is quite rich and exciting. This informs its being rated as one of the Stations with the highest number of quality programmes.
Popular programmes in our kitty includes:
- Curtains Up: A 30minutes drama programme
- Sibaba Sibaba; A Chit Chat programme in our local dialect
- That’s Life: A 30minutes programme on the Philosophies of Life
- Sports magazine
- Sports Arena
- Inwang idit Oro: A drama programme in Oron dialect
- Afe Mbono: Another drama in Annang dialect
Some Gender related programmes includes:
- From the kitchen
- Afternoon Ride: A presentation of Hip Hop music
All programmes are open to sponsorship. However, the station also accepts packaged programmes from Agencies and clients that meet it programmes policy guidelines and standard.